Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Creating "The Nest"

Bobby and I met on a Christian singles website. He lived in Tennessee, I lived in Kentucky. Actually, we still live in these states even though we've been married almost a week. The problem? We're waiting on our "nest" to be remodeled so I can move down there to be with him.

This brings me to a topic that is fairly close to my heart. One of my favorite thoughts about Jesus is the fact that He and our Heavenly Father has created a place for us. It's a place where there isn't any suffering, no pain. Just joy.  I can't wait to go there someday.

Something that was really important to me was that Bobby prepared a place for me. If we were living like..... two thousand years ago, Bobby and I would have had an "engagement" period where he would go off and prepare a place for me. When the house was completed, the bride's father would inspect the place and say "yay" or "nay" to the quality of house his daughter would be living in. If the groom had approval, he would come for his Bride and they would live happily ever after. 

In today's society, it's so easy to move in together. It's convenient. I get it. I've been there. It's the social norm to get an apartment together while engaged (or even before) and live together to get to know each other. You want to make sure you're marrying the right person, right??

God has so much in store for us that I'm finally learning. This "waiting" period is really hard. I want to see my husband! But I also know that when this place is set for us, I can move down there and we can start our lives together. It's totally worth the wait.


Wow! That was totally not what I had in mind for this post. I wanted to talk about how you're combining two different tastes and compromise happens from day one. I wanted to talk about how Goodwill appreciates it when you purge what you don't need. I also wanted to talk about my views on storing things thanks to my maid of honor who's OCD about organizing. I guess God had other plans!

Regardless, your "nest" should be a place that is warm and welcoming to others and especially Jesus. He wants to live there too! Does your home show how welcome He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment